Friday, January 9, 2009

Rock Obama!

Jeeze...now I feel like I am going BLOG crazy but wanted to jot something down about my precious baby #3! We were at Walmart today and as I was getting a shopping cart she was standing there saying (in a VERY loud squeel I might add), "Mommy!! Mommy!!! Mommy! Rock OBAMA, ROCK OBAMA!?" Now, I already know she recognizes and knows who he is because she has randomly pointed him out on magazine racks as we stand in line at Kroger so that's not the interesting thing. As she is shouting this I am looking around for a rack of magazines or someone in the store who she could be mistaking for our future president...Because as anyone who has or ever has had a toddler knows...She will NOT stop shouting this at me until she thinks I have a CLUE as to what she is talking about and recognize her for it. She is pointing upwards and I notice that she is pointing at the American flag and saying Rock Obama! Now, isn't that clever!? I would say I have a pretty smart little girl there. So I said, "Yes, Erika that's the American Flag and Rock (yes, I said Rock) Obama is going to be the president of the United States. One SMART cookie she is!!! What a proud mommy I am!! :)

2 comments:

Courtney and the Boys said...

Awww....Erika. That is amazing that she put those together! and "Rock" Obama...she's precious!

And you go, girl...keep on bloggin'...I'm loving it!

Court

Julie said...

Oh great that she could connect the to. How smart. And I agree with courtney. I like that you are blogging now!

Is this because Courtney threatened to take you off of her Blogroll?